Mango salsa has become an essential for summertime in the Austin heat. In our tomato-free version, we pair mango with coconut and carrots to create a sweet and refreshing flavor profile.
Enjoy it on tacos or alongside a beverage and a bowl of chips!
- 3 large ripe mangoes diced or cubed
- 1/2 cup cilantro and /or parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper or 1/2 inch diced fresh jalapeno, with seeds
- Chop or dice ingredients, as indicated.
- Gently stir ingredients together.
- Parsley is not as cooling as cilantro, but its dark leafy, mineral-rich nature is satisfying to the pitta dosha and for people who don’t enjoy the distinctive taste of cilantro, it can be an alternative-or something to mix with the cilantro.
- Green onions are milder than many other varieties.
- Just a taste of shredded coconut can add a cooling effect to salsa. Don’t add too much or it will be soggy and taste too much of coconut.