Vegetarian Cuisine: Learn The Art & Natural Healing Power of Food
What is Vegetarian Cuisine?
Vegetarian cooking abstains from the consumption of meat in the diet, including beef, chicken, pork, and fish. A balanced vegetarian diet consists of fruits, vegetables, plenty of leafy greens, whole grain products, nuts, seeds, beans and legumes, dairy, and eggs. As a Healing Cuisine, vegetarian meals utilize natural foods that are nutritionally dense and recognizable to the typical eater.
How to Become a Vegetarian Chef
At Natural Epicurean, we teach Vegetarian Cuisine as part of our 900 Hour Plant-Based Culinary Program and it is also taught as a specialized course at our school. Some of the curriculum highlights are:
- Plant-based cuisine for a health supportive lifestyle
- Vegetarian food substitutions and food combining
- Adapting and converting recipes and menus for a Vegetarian diet
- Vegetarian meals and snacks
- Seasonal cooking and farm-to-fork
Vegetarian Recipes to get you started:
Things to consider about Vegetarian Cuisine:
- History of Vegetarianism in the West
- Motivations of Classical Vegetarianism
- Dietary Recommendations
- Limitations & Challenges
- Special Nutritional Concerns
Interested in becoming a Vegetarian Chef?