Vegan Cuisine: Learn The Art & Natural Healing Power of Food
What is Vegan Cuisine?
Vegan cooking abstains from the consumption of any animal products in the diet, including meats, eggs, dairy, and honey. A balanced vegan diet consists of fruits, vegetables, plenty of leafy greens, whole grain products, nuts, seeds, beans and legumes. As a Healing Cuisine, vegan cooking utilizes natural foods to create meals that are nutritionally dense and recognizable to the typical eater.
How to Become a Vegan Chef
At Natural Epicurean, we teach Vegan Cuisine as part of our 900 Hour Plant-Based Culinary Program and it is also taught as a specialized course at our school. Some of the curriculum highlights are:
- Plant-based cuisine for a health supportive lifestyle
- Vegan food substitutions and food combining
- Adapting and converting recipes and menus for a Vegan diet
- Complete vegan meals and snacks
- Seasonal cooking and farm-to-fork
Vegan Recipes to get you started:
- Red Lentil and Tomato Coconut Soup
- Persian Patties
- Polenta Bake with Caramelized Onion and Portobello Bacon
- More Vegan Recipes
Things to consider about Vegan Cuisine:
- Motivations of Veganism
- Egg and Dairy Substitutes
- Limitations & Challenges
- Special Nutritional Concerns
Interested in becoming a Vegan Chef?