Raw & Living Foods: Learn The Art of Preparing Food For Self-Healing
What are Raw & Living Foods?
A raw food diet consists of foods that are primarily uncooked and unprocessed, which means they are foods that have never experienced a temperature above 118 degrees. These foods exclude most of the harmful fats, chemical contaminants, processed ingredients, refined sugars, and excessive animal proteins found in the average American diet. Living foods are foods in which growth or enzyme activity is still present, such as fermented foods like sauerkraut, kimchi, yogurts, and cheeses.
How to Become a Raw Chef
At Natural Epicurean, we teach Raw & Living Foods as part of our 900 Hour Plant-Based Culinary Program and is also taught as a specialized course at our school. Some of the curriculum highlights are:
- How to prepare fresh and unprocessed raw foods for optimum nutritional value
- Soaking, sprouting, juicing and nut milk production
- Spreads, pastes, salads, appetizers
- Main dishes, breads and desserts
- Advanced raw techniques, including dehydration and fermentation, to create heightened dishes
Raw & Living Recipes to get you started:
- Raw Falafel
- Raw Kale Salad with Cranberries, Golden Raisin and Quick Orange Vinaigrette
- Raw Chocolate Mousse
- More Raw & Living Recipes
Things to consider about Raw Cuisine:
Interested in becoming a Raw Chef?