- This event has passed.
Simply Seasonal: Winter
February 22 @ 6:30 pm CST - 9:00 pm CST$79
Make the most of the flavors of winter with Simply Seasonal.
This hands-on class is designed to show you how to prepare a seasonal menu using quick and efficient cooking techniques, minimizing time in the kitchen and maximizing taste. You will learn some secrets in plant-based cooking on how to mix and match grains, fruits and vegetables to make simple meals—without sacrificing taste and while highlighting the best that the season has to offer.
Enjoy class instruction lead by a Chef Instructor, hands-on preparation of the class menu, and engaging conversation in a fun learning environment. The class concludes with students enjoying the foods they prepared together.
Simply Seasonal: Winter Menu:
- Chicory Coffee and Dandy Tea
- Warm Fennel and Wild Mushroom Salad
- Black-Eyed Pea Salad
- Risotto Cakes with Tomato Sauce
- Turnip and Rutabaga Puree with Leeks
- Marinated Beets
- Sautéed Pears and Apples with Vanilla Bean and Cinnamon Glaze
*Menu items subject to change based upon seasonal availability
This menu contains: Soy, Gluten
What to Expect:
- 5 minutes – Introduction to Natural Epicurean
- 25 minutes – Background and benefits of health-supportive recipes
- 1.5 hours – Divide into teams and stations, each featuring 2-3 menu items and collaborate to create dishes with instruction from the Chef Instructor
- 30 minutes – Family style meal, enjoying the full menu of dishes, and community discussion
Additional details can be found at Public Class FAQs
Due to limited seating, prior registration is required for all public classes. Online registration closes 72 hours prior to the event date. For last minute registration requests please Contact Us.