Post appeared in La Yoga Magazine
Natural Epicurean’s own Chef Instructor, Rachel Zierzow, shares a fantastic recipe for a creamy Butternut Squash soup featured in LA Yoga Magazine.
- 1 organic yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- 4 cups organic butternut squash, cubed
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced, divided
- spring or filtered water
- sea salt, to taste
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk (optional for garnish)
- In large soup pot, sauté onion in olive oil and a pinch of sea salt until translucent. Add butternut squash and 1 tablespoon rosemary and coat with onion mixture.
- Add enough water to barely cover the squash, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and cover. Simmer until squash is soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- Purée with food mill, blender, or immersion blender. Season to taste with sea salt. Simmer for another 5 minutes to let salt incorporate into the dish.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with chopped fresh rosemary and a drizzle of coconut milk.
- Variation: garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas).